Starring Lincoln Theatre Company (SLTC)
(Lincolnshire arm of ATWAS Theatre Company Limited)
Commitment to Equality and diversity
Whilst we recognise that as an organisation run by and for volunteers we are not covered by the Equality Act of 2010, we choose to take on board the principles of that Act and all other legislation and best practice that contributes to it.
SLTC within ATWAS Theatre Company Limited is committed to promoting theatre, particularly musical theatre, as an activity for all.
We pledge to encourage diversity across all the areas of our work and to eliminate any and all discriminatory and damaging behaviours in the interests of our members. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
The purpose of this document is to provide clarity for all on our stance on equality and fairness for all who are associated with us – cast, crew, support volunteers and service providers. We will not tolerate behaviours which discriminate on the grounds of gender, gender reassignment, marital and maternal/paternal status, race, sexual orientation, religion or age. Outside of the legislative protected characteristics we will also include socio/economic status.
All volunteers, in whatever capacity, will be treated fairly and with respect. Any and all selection processes will be based upon aptitude and ability within the normal constraints of casting for performance roles. Each and every one of our members will be helped and encouraged to develop to their full potential.
- To create an environment whereeveryone is given the opportunity to flourish
- To foster an environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- To encourage each and every member to explore their potential in a safe and supportive environment.
- To break down stereotypes and misconception through the powerful medium of theatre.
- To challenge norms and push against boundaries that are antagonistic to the principles of equality and diversity.
- To adopt a positive action approach wherever and whenever possible.
Committed to on behalf of the Board of Directors of ATWAS Theatre Company Limited: