Starring Lincoln Theatre Company (SLTC)
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – 25 May 2018 – superseded the UK Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA).
Under this regulation:
- You must give positive consent for us to send you any marketing material.
- You must be told the reasons for storing your personal information and how it will be used.
- You must be told how it will be stored and the precautions taken for its security.
- You have the right to see, request amendments or have total removal of any information about you, without charge.
Storage and security:
- Any form you fill in (paper or electronic) will be stored as evidence of your consent (if given) to store your information and to include you on our mailing lists.
- These items will be permanently stored and maintained on no more than 3 private computers with regularly updated protection.
- Your information will not intentionally be shared with any third parties.
Purchasers of tickets from the website:
- When you purchase tickets for a performance from our website you may consent to your email address being stored on a mailing list. This list will be used to contact you if there are any problems with your purchase and to inform you of our future productions.
- Your email address will not intentionally be made available to anyone other than our Director of Communications for the purpose mentioned above.
Contact via our website:
- When you contact SLTC via our website (other than for tickets) the information you provide may be passed on where relevant and requested to some or all our members.
- With your permission your email address and name or organisation if relevant may be added to a mailing list. This may be a ‘potential members list’ or other ‘interested parties’ list for the sole purpose to inform you of our future productions or other activities.
Members of the SLTC:
- As members of SLTC you must consent to the storage of the details that you provide on a spreadsheet and your email address on relevant mailing lists.
- This information will only be available to other members when requested for genuine purposes of the society. Such purposes will usually be to enable them to contact you regarding a performance or other society activity in which you are involved, or which may be of interest to you.
- You must also agree that should you receive such information that you will not pass it on to anyone else. This includes using the hidden Bcc field for email addresses when emailing a group of people.
- Details of lapsed members may be kept for some time and used on a mailing list unless a request is received for removal.
Website and other media content:
- When you take part in a performance, you become a member of SLTC and agree to the use of personal details (name, photos, history, etc.) where relevant on our website, programme or other publications produced by SLTC.
- Photographs of children under 18 will not be identifiable by name, and signed consent will be required from by a parent/guardian by way of a printed application form.
- For more details concerning photography in general please see our Photographic Policy.
Your rights under the act:
You have the right to see, request amendments or have total removal of any information about you which is held by SLTC.
The following sentence will be provided at the bottom of all emails. “Please notify us if you wish to unsubscribe from our mailing list.”
Please contact us via the website or email email@example.com about any concerns that you may have.